Scott,

Yes you are right. A lot of the people involved with Maximo are
ex-Remedy(BMC) especially from sales and marketing.

IBM's product and service portfolio still represents a challenge though,
since they have a global alliance with BMC and historically they have been,
and still are (
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/gsdod/solutiondetails.do?solution=27542&expand=true&lc=en),
providing
Remedy products and services for such a long time that I think its taking
time for their sales and marketing to tune their message. It probably a
nightmare explaining why they sell both products and then try to leverage
Maximo over Remedy. And again, they've been doing Remedy for some time and
are comfortable with their knowledge of the product.

So until that's done Maximo has some time to develop into a strong
competitor....

Regards,
Emad M. Zaky