OK, one thing to note that setting a server port does not override the use
of a portmapper. If you want the server only to run on a port you should
turn of the "Register-With-Portmapper option.

Now, since the reporting problem appears to be a known bug, I understand why
BMC adviced you to use the ARTCPPORT environment variable as that would
override any settings done in the API. And I guess that should have worked,
but it might be that the ARTCPPORT must be set in a specific environment
(depending on your platform). The only problem with the setting would be
that it would override settings for all servers that the Mid-Tier connects
to, but if you only have one server this shouldn't be a problem.

Hugo