Francois

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Williams
Sent: 24 May 2007 01:38 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: $PROCESS$ Application-Invoke-External-Filter
bmc.cmdb.cmdbEngine PHASE=2 CLIENTTYPE=$CLIENT-TYPE$

**

Francois,

   What type of information are you after?

You should see 2 Filters in your CMDB which contain this special Set Fields
from $PROCESS$ command (From my memory I recall these execute at 100 and 600
as PHASE=1 and PHASE=2 respectively)

These are responsible for taking all necessary actions to create / modify /
delete a CI Instance in your CMDB, as well as validating that all actions
are legal.

Ultimately, wherever you make the change in the Data Model, this workflow
will ensure that the information is physically propagated to the relevant
Database Tables so that the CMDB can permanently store your change. You may
get an error back from this process sometimes during a transaction if you
are trying to do something which the CMDB determines as an illegal
operation.

There should not be any reason for you to change this Out of The Box
workflow.

If you want to create your own Filters in the CMDB, then make sure you have
read and understood the CMDB Concepts and Best Practices Guide on this
topic.

Please advise if you need more info.

Cheers

Chris.