-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:09 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ?*? Unknown / Guest User in Single-tenancy only? or
Multi-tenancy aswell?

George,

Ok. However, that would mean that all users would be "allowed" to
create data in "all the right places" and I doubt that is really the
way to go. I doubt that you really want everyone to have enough
privileges to create a new person do you?

Not to mention that there are likely other things about the person
(and their access to the system) that is not totally derivable from
other data sources. So you might be able to create a skeleton profile,
but the profile will likely be incomplete for ARS needs.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 5/24/07, Payne, George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
>

> Ok...how 'bout this??
>
>  Allow your user to login using Active Directory credentials and
create an
> Active Link that fires on opening the Home Page that creates their
> credentials in all of the appropriate places?
>

> The thought being, if they're authorized through your AD then they
should be
> allowed to have an "account" to enter requests.
>

> I'm not saying that this will be EASY with the way that 7.0 creates
People