Last time I installed Microsoft's VM (~3 months ago), it did not
support multiple cpu's.  Maybe a bug in the MS VM software?

Axton Grams

On 5/25/07, William Rentfrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
**

Has anyone setup Remedy 7 ITSM on a virtual machine that had hyper threaded
processors?

We have one test box and it's flaky.  It's running on a Microsoft virtual
machine and has two processors allocated, both of which are hyper threaded
and it should "appear" to Remedy to be 4 processorts.  It also has 1.5 gig
of RAM allocated.  That's not a lot but it's arguably enough since the
server never appears to hit peak usage on RAM (only 1 user doing light
development).

However, we get timeouts when trying to save workflow - specifically
filters.

I read a document recently that explained how Remedy managed multiple
processors and it said that Remedy uses the OS to manage threading - so I'm
thinking perhaps the VM software is not optimized to managed the processors
well.

Any thoughts? __20060125_______________________This posting
was submitted with HTML in it___