Axton: thanks for your help. I had to basically edit the
EmailDaemon.properties and set the server properties correctly.

Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 12:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Unable to send email notification using the email engine.

ARWARN 667 (The query matched more than ...) has to do with your user
tool preferences.  Click the Tools-> Options... Behaviors-> and set
the 'Limit Number of Items Returned' to match what you need.

What version of java are you using?
$ java -version

What version of the email engine are you using?

During the install of the email engine, did you set up the
javamail.providers file in the java install directory?  If installed
as non-root, this is a manual step.  If installed as root, the
installer takes care of it for you.

Axton Grams

On 6/4/07, Ray M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi: thanks for the pointers. I think my EmailDaemon.properties was
corrupted
> (wrong server name). I have fixed those and I saw the emails come through.
>
> I changed the logging levels back to normal in emaild.sh file. I can't
seem
> to stop the email engine. It just stays there after saying Stopping BMC
> Remedy Email Engine.
>
> ./emaild.sh stop
> Stopping BMC Remedy Email Engine ...
>
> Also when I go to the AR System Email Error Logs, select all or one record
> and delete them I get a message saying
>
> ARWARN [667] The query matched more than the maximum number of entries
> specified for retrieval
>

> I see the following in my emaild.sh_log when I run the stop.
> ======================
> DEBUG: JavaMail version 1.3.2
> DEBUG: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/j2se/jre/lib/javamail.providers
> (No such file or directory)
> DEBUG: URL

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/emaildaemon.jar!/META-INF/javamail
> .providers
> DEBUG: Bad provider entry:
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource:

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/emaildaemon.jar!/META-INF/javamail
> .providers
> DEBUG: URL

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/smtp.jar!/META-INF/javamail.provid
> ers
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource:

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/smtp.jar!/META-INF/javamail.provid
> ers
> DEBUG: URL

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/pop3.jar!/META-INF/javamail.provid
> ers
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource:

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/pop3.jar!/META-INF/javamail.provid
> ers
> DEBUG: URL

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/imap.jar!/META-INF/javamail.provid
> ers
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource:

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/imap.jar!/META-INF/javamail.provid
> ers
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.providers
> DEBUG: Tables of loaded providers
> DEBUG: Providers Listed By Class Name:

{com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.
> sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc],

com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPIStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,mapistore,com.remed
> y.mail.mapi.MAPIStore,[EMAIL PROTECTED],

com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPITransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,mapitranspo
> rt,com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPITransport,[EMAIL PROTECTED],

com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.
> imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc],

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.m
> ail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc],

com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.
> pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc],

com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap
> .IMAPStore,Sun Microsystems, Inc],

com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3
> .POP3Store,Sun Microsystems, Inc]}
> DEBUG: Providers Listed By Protocol:
> {imaps=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imaps,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPSSLStore,Sun
> Microsystems, Inc],
> imap=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,imap,com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore,Sun
> Microsystems, Inc],

mapistore=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,mapistore,com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPIStore
> ,[EMAIL PROTECTED],

smtps=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtps,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport
> ,Sun Microsystems, Inc],

mapitransport=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,mapitransport,com.remedy.mail.ma
> pi.MAPITransport,[EMAIL PROTECTED],
> pop3=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store,Sun
Microsy
> stems, Inc],
> pop3s=javax.mail.Provider[STORE,pop3s,com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3SSLStore,Sun
> Microsystems, Inc],

smtp=javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun
> Microsystems, Inc]}
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource:
/META-INF/javamail.default.address.map
> DEBUG: URL

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/smtp.jar!/META-INF/javamail.addres
> s.map
> DEBUG: successfully loaded resource:

jar:file:/opt/arsystem/AREmail/rearsysd01/smtp.jar!/META-INF/javamail.addres
> s.map
> DEBUG: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/j2se/jre/lib/javamail.address.map