I came across this many times.  It means there is a field somewhere on your
original form that is not on the archive form.  Or the fields have the same
id but are of a different type.  One time I was able to resolve this by
using ar utilities to create .csv files of all the fields on both forms,
then comparing the two line by line till I found where they were out of
sync.  Sometimes the field you create on the orginal form does not copy to
the archive because the 'Views' are out of sync.  If you have a .def of the
form before the change, you should import that. It would probably be the
easiest solution.  Or, try reversing the change you made.  Either case, the
out-of-box archiving sucks.  That's why we are getting away from it.