I'm usually a lurker in the forums, but I have to agree that the support has gone very much downhill over the past year or so.

My boiling pint was when we upgraded from 5.0.1 to 7.0.1 and we found out that Migrator was broken and would not work with source control on. You would think a known problem like that would get 2 things :

1. A nice big notice that there is a potential problem for people updating up to version 7.0.1, there was nothing in any release notes that I can find on this.

2. They would fix the issue in Migrator today and not pawn the fix off until the next version release of AR.

We are a fully customized shop right now and we don;t do upgrades very often unless there is no other choice.

I've escalated this issue up to multiple managers and my new sales rep, and have yet gotten back a response from my sales rep. Them managers have each called back once, and said they would look into seeing if they can get the fix put into the current version, but of course no call back after 2 weeks.

It seems BMC is more concerned about getting the next release out then in supporting their customers and fixing real bugs and problems. How this got through QA and actually put into a shipping product really boggles the mind, and the fact that they haven;t jumped to fix the issue I think really speaks volumes about the direction BMC is taking Remedy.

J. Frank Cortes

Shawn Rosenberry wrote:
Howard,

I agree.  Even with the latest incident I've had, I have gone out of my way
to let the person who has been my primary contact know that I have
appreciated her efforts and that if I sounded upset or angry it wasn't at
her but rather at BMC and the recent trends that I have seen coming from
their organization. Over the years I have worked with some great individuals
from BMC\Remedy including Barb, Sean and Lenny.  OK Lenny Warren isn't from
their support side but he is one of the best trainers I have ever known,
always helpful if you have a question and an all around great guy.

Shawn Rosenberry
RSP and former RAC