From: Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CS/SCCE
Sent: Fri 06/15/07 2:25 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Linux Rules TOP 500 Supercomputers - Not a single Window$
supercomputer

**
The only conclusive thing it tells us is that the HPC community does not use
the Windows OS as much as other operating systems.  But there can be a variety
of reasons.and performance may not be one of them.

I would suggest that a primary reason Windows is not used is because it has
just recently developed an OS suitable for contemporary HPC applications and
because of cost.