Just as a long-shot, if you have a DB backup of before the CM/Asset
installation you could restore.

As a suggestion, this is what we highly use virtual servers for as
'sandboxes' :-)

Thanks-n-advance;

HDT Platform Incident / Problem Manager & Architect
Robert Molenda
IT OS PA
Tel: +1 408 503 2701
Fax: +1 408 503 2912