-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:55 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: parsing email subject line to create/update tickets

Well, the biggest problem with the template methodology in general, and
this particular issue, is that of data integrity.  The data format and
structure must usually be an exact match to what ARS is looking for, or
it won't find a match.

Are your users going to be able to provide that nearly perfect level of
data integrity when it comes to the subject?  That sounds unlikely,
given the number of variant ways the same issue could be verbalized in
the subject line.  How will you deal with a subject line that matches
multiple tickets?

Rick