Hello

The email engine on our live system has stopped working.

On Friday I tried to create a new record in the mailbox configuration
form and got the following error:
ARERR [552] Failure during SQL operation to the database : ORA-22275:
invalid LOB locator specified
The only way I could create the record was by leaving the password field
blank.  Then if I tried to amend the password field, I got the same
error.  This was inconvenient, but not a major issue.  However, after
that things got worse.  There are now no incoming emails and all the
outgoing emails have a status of Send = "Yes" and are going no-where.

Restarting the email engine triggered the error:
"
Application has started Version: 06.03.00 patch 018
Checking connection to server: accessapp ...
Using JRE: 1.4.2_13
loaded library
Successfully connected.
libthread panic: _deliversigs: _lwp_kill : dumping core (PID: 24095 LWP
0)
stacktrace:
        ff360188
        ff368538
        ff35dcf4
        ff360180
        ff368018
        f061fd20
        f052bd40
        f052bed8
        f0525964
        f052547c
        f05271e0
        f05268a4
        f0526960
        4c
"

This error is also in emaild.sh_log.  No errors in arerror.log.
We're on AR System 6.3 patch 18, email engine same version. Solaris 8,
Oracle 9.2.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Isabel

        Isabel Ross
        Glasgow City Council
        Phone: 0141 418 1484
        E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        www.glasgow.gov.uk

Support Scotland's Bid to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow - visit
www.glasgow2014.com

Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this message.
Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so please
scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its contents.