From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 10:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: License Usage

I would also agree that it has been a longstanding license violation.
Since the
early days of 4.x at least, the 'read' license was limited to
submission of new
records and querying, and modification of records required a change
license.

When RemedyWeb came out it was possible to make updates to the display
only Web
form that would trigger a filter that would make background database
updates by
the Web user, but doing such an update was specifically not permitted
due to the
clause above.  Any other method, including a single user being used by
multiple
workstations, is also such a licensing violation.

Louise van Hine
KTSL Limited