Hi Jack,

That's a great & interesting find, I am still struggling with getting the
Risks to work the way we want, this may certainly be of some assistance!

Cheers,
Ross

On 6/28/07, Covert, Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**

Hi guys.  In case anybody else was following the thread about how change
risk is rounded, looks like we got some bad information.  Here is the real
answer, a KB was written on this as well.

How is the Risk calculation in Change 7.0 handled in terms of rounding?
Product / Categories

LP - Licensed Product

BMC Remedy Change Management Application

7.0.02

P R O B L E M
 ------------------------------

How is Risk calculated in Change 7.0 in terms of setting what Risk level
it is? For example is 3.4 rounded down to 3 and 3.5 rounded up to 4?

S O L U T I O N
 ------------------------------

Risk is not rounded as such. Risk is looked up. When risk is calculated,
it does the math and comes up with say 3.36 (for example). It then looks
up the value on the form CHG:ChangeRiskRanges to determine where that value
falls in. The result is then used from the table.

The values in the table can be customized to make 3.36 become a 4 or a 3
depending on the administrator's intent.

By default 3.0 is a 3 and anything from 3.000001 to 4 becomes a 4.

Attachments
 ------------------------------

   - change_risk_ranges.jpg

<http://hou-kmrprd-01.adprod.bmc.com/KMSAttachments/KM-000010037111/change_risk_ranges.jpg>