From: Tony Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:18:34 -0500

Subject: Re: ARS7 install against oracle 10g RAC

We've installed multiple times to a 10g RAC environment.  We also have

used both the InstantClient and full bloated one.

Make sure your TWO_TASK is set to the service name (sid) of the db, your

ORACLE_HOME is set and if not at least TNS_ADMIN is.

Here's a snip from my tnsnames.ora:

<SERVICE> =

  (DESCRIPTION =

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip1.domain.com)(PORT = 1521))

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = vip2.domain.com)(PORT = 1521))

    (LOAD_BALANCE = yes)

    (CONNECT_DATA =

      (SERVER = DEDICATED)

      (SERVICE_NAME = <SERVICE>.domain.com)

      (FAILOVER_MODE =

        (TYPE = SELECT)

        (METHOD = BASIC)

        (RETRIES = 180)

        (DELAY = 5)

      )

    )

  )

--

Tony Worthington

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

262-703-5911

Andrew Hicox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

07/05/2007 12:59 PM

Please respond to

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

cc

Subject

ARS7 install against oracle 10g RAC

**

Everyone:

I'm having a heckuva time installing ARS7 against an Oracle 10G Rapic

Application Cluster (RAC).

Solaris 10 is the operating system, and I'm using the 10G client library.

 I'm doing a non-root install with the ARS7 installer.

I can connect to the oracle instance on the RAC with sqlplus from the

remedy machine just fine, however the remedy installer REFUSES to connect

to the oracle instance. We have $ORACLE_SID and $ORACLE_HOME set correctly

and the tnsnames.ora file is correct as well. I've even tried specifying

the SID in the system user name like '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' when the installer

asks.

I'm going out of my mind, here.

Has anyone here ever tried this before? Any suggestions if so?

thanks,

-Andrew

it___

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.

and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.

If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use
of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.

If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and
notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:

Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves
the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.
Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages to or from authorized Kohl's
Associates at any time

without any further consent.

[http://www.arslist.org/] ARSlist:"Where the Answers Are"