-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe D'Souza
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:55 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: EIE: Using the rulehelper.exe OR rlshelper.exe

Looks like there is a documentation bug on the BMC Remedy Link for SQL
Server 7.0 Administration Guide. They refer to the executable that
builds rules as rulehelper.exe whereas I see an executable called
rlshelper.exe on my installation.

Anyway, has anyone used this to build links to 2 different mutually
exclusive SQL servers?

I wanted to know if it is possible to configure EIE to connect to
various SQL servers residing on different machines. Each of these SQL
servers could have more than one database. We have a possible
requirement where we might have to connect to more than 1 database on a
single SQL server. Our possible requirement could also be that we have
more than one SQL server that we might have to have EIE connect to.

If it is not possible to have EIE connect to more than one SQL server,
can a linked server option be used together with the Remedy Link for SQL
to have these connections happen?

I would have tried the above options myself before writing to the list
but as of now I do not have access to the other SQL servers..

Rgds

Joe