-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shawn Stonequist
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:21 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Need Help with Dynamic Date-based criteria for Escalations

Greetings List!!

I'm experiencing difficulties with an escalation. We're using Remedy 6.3

I'm having difficulty determining why the correct criteria, when using
the specific date of 12/31/07 and running a Run If qualification in the
appropriate form, I receive 428 records, while when I us the dynamic
date of (DATE = (Expire DT - 15552000) and the exact same criteria
otherwise, I receive no results at all- the date is the only part of the
criteria that is changed.

Here is the troubleshooting I've done so far:

I have 2 similar escalations- one that is triggered approximately 9
months (270 days or 23328000 seconds) prior to the value of a Date
field, the other that is triggered approximately 6 months (180 days or
15552000 seconds) prior to the value of the same Date field. While there
are other criteria used, they are the same for both escalations.

When I copy my 9 month search criteria into the Form against which it
runs, I received 36 results. This corresponds to the emails that were
sent this morning when the 9 month escalation ran- so I know that the
criteria itself is correct.

When I replace the number of seconds used with that the 6 month criteria
(15552000), I receive no results.

On a test form, I setup 2 Date fields and a button. When the button is
pressed, it adds the number of seconds I have for each escalation to the
Date keyword, and displays the results.

The 9 month field produces a date of 3/31/08. This corresponds to the
value of the Date field of 36 accounts- each of these was issued an
email this morning when the escalation ran.

The 6 month field produces a date of 12/31/07. This corresponds to the
value of the Date field of 428 accounts. None of these accounts received
any email notices this morning.

I have even tried replacing the 15552000 with (60*60*24*180)- it still
failed.

Can you please help me to understand why the dynamic date figure is
preventing the escalation from being triggered?

Many thanks in advance!!!
Shawn Stonequist
EMNS, Inc.