On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:07:47 -0400, Terry Bootsma wrote:

As a general rule: You need a quoted string - so start with a "
If you need a quote double the number you did last time ""
close quotes use the opposite rule.

So a quoting a string with a quote containing a quote would be (extra spaces
for clarity)

" I am a string that has "" a quote inside and a """" quote inside that """" ""
"

You often need this in *nix scripts where the string may be parsed more than
once through the shell for example.

HTH

--
Regards