AR Server 6.3
ITSM 6
Oracle

My understanding of the process of relating CI's to HD tickets is that the
InstanceID does the work. The HD ticket finds a related asset's InstanceID
in the SHR:Association form while an asset with a related HD ticket keeps
the HD ticket's instance ID in the related items table's hidden InstanceID
column.

When a HD user does a Copy To New, the HD ticket's InstanceID is duplicated.
BMC:BMC_AssetBase has a unique index on InstanceID, but HD does not (index,
yes; unique, no).

The problem is, the asset related to a HD ticket does not pick up on the
second, copied-to-new HD ticket, not even if the HD user relates the asset
again. The system seems to find the InstanceID's, but works only with the
first one it encounters.

I checked the archives and found only one somewhat related thread. This
concerned creating tasks for a ticket that had not yet been saved; the
advice was to crate a GUID and use that, but I'm not sure that would help
us.

We could write workflow to create a new InstanceID for the new HD ticket
copy, but could we be certain the new InstanceID is unique? Or does that
even matter at this point?

Thanks.

--
Bob Rowe, Remedy Action Request System Development and Administration
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]