Dave,

Here is the email that may answer your question.

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:24 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: New Open Source .Net App Available - ARS_KBImport

**

I just released a new .Net console application on ARSWiki that provides
the ability to automatically import kb web pages into a Remedy form.
Once in Remedy, you can perform searches using regular ARS search
options (equal, not equal, like, and, or, not, less than, greater than,
etc.).

Periodically people on the List have asked about the application I wrote
a year and a half ago.  Although the original version worked I wanted to
completely rewrite it before releasing to improve the performance and
make the code more readable.

As Remedy developers, much of our development time is spent automating
tasks and improving efficiency.  When you view a kb you could copy/paste
the information into a Remedy form and attach the web page [that is
automatically copied to your internet temp folder] in an attachment
field.  This app automates the process.  It imports the kb web page and
parses it into individual fields, from which you can search.

The initial reason for creating this was because for a period of 4-6
months the supportweb KB search engine would lock up after performing
one or two searches.  I would have to close all browser windows and
start over to perform another search.  Additionally, I wanted the
ability to specify more detailed searches than what was available
online.

The readme.txt has all the details to install, but basically you import
one form and copy a few files to a new folder.  The .Net 2.0 runtime and
the current ARS .Net API need to be installed prior to running or
developing.  Tested with ARS 6.3 and 7.0.

I would like to thank Jason Miller, Nii Addy, and Brent Goodman for
their testing.  Their feedback and suggestions helped in making this a
more useful tool.

Please post any comments or suggestions on the new ARSWiki mailing lists

Main Projects Page

http://arswiki.org/projects/dotnetutil

Downloads

http://arswiki.org/projects/dotnetutil/downloads