I have had this similar kind of a problem once before on ARS 6.3 on Linux..
this time around I seem to be having it on ARS 7.0.01 Patch 003..

When I run the Sync Search database operation, the admin tool crashes after
creating exactly 39983 records in the object details form and 381950 records
in the object reference form.. I cleaned up the forms, reset the nextid to 1
on both these forms and re ran the same operation, and it fails exactly at
this same point with the Admin Tool instance running the sync operation
crashing out.. I retried this a couple of times again and same results. It
fails exactly at that same record count.

The server on which I was running this was bounced (for some other reasons)
and we are still receiving this error if we try to sync the search database.

In the Application Error log file on the Events log I see the error:
"Faulting application aradmin.exe, version 7.0.1.3, faulting module
msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.7031.4, fault address 0x0000a1c0."

We have the out of the box apps (Incident, Problem, Change, SLM) as well as
other core applications like the Email Engine, Assignment Engine, CMDB 2.0,
Approval Server installed.

Has anyone else faced this?

Joe
Checked by AVG Free Edition.