Hello Everyone,

(ARS 7.01 patch 2, Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)

How do you insert a pause in an active link or a filter?

I have heard that you should run a process then call that process.  So I have a
"pause" program on our server that says "sleep $1".  On the server if I enter
"/opt/remedy/HelpDesk/pause 10" it waits ten seconds then returns the cursor.

So I set up both an active link and a filter to do the "pause 10" command then
send a message.
The active link does a "Run Process" of "@@:/opt/remedy/HelpDesk/pause 10".
The filter is the same but without the "@@:".  In both cases I get the message
right away.

The active link log shows:
<ACTL>               Process: /opt/remedy/HelpDesk/pause 10
<ACTL>                  Success

The filter has a "`!" after it to make it run in phase 1, and the filter log
shows it running before the message, but the message still appears right away.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a better way of solving this altogether?  It seems like pausing is
such a normal thing to do that there should be a built-in Remedy function.

Dwayne Martin
Computing Support
James Madison University