I spoke with David on the new licensing about a week back; my
interpretation is: you will be able to configure a ceiling for each
license type, which is supposed to correspond to the number of
licenses you've purchased.  If you hit the ceiling for floating
licenses, users will still get a floating token denied error.  License
allocation/configuration/utilization will be logged on the server
side, and checksums will be included in the log file to ensure
recorded data is accurate.

I heard of no changes to the token allocation logic, but that doesn't
mean anything except that it wasn't mentioned.

I would continue the argument that the recorded values are not
accurate with the way the mid-tier handles floating licenses, e.g.,
not releasing the token when the user ends the session (i.e., closes
the browser).  I use the terminology 'ended the session' to refer to
closing the browser, because once the user closes the browser, there
is no way that that session can be regained, short of forcing an
override.

Axton Grams