From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Thad K Esser
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:51 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Trigger workflow & pass parameters - MidTier

**
Since you are having the system automatically submit the record, would it be
better to do a push fields to a new record first, then an open window (in
modify) of the last record?  I think visually that would be better as well.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard Bach

"Pargeter, Christie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

08/15/2007 10:45 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc
Subject
Trigger workflow & pass parameters - MidTier

**
Hi All - we would like to have someone click on a preformatted URL that will
open a submit window, pass in some variables (all the required fields) then
have the system automatically submit the record and open the record in a modify
mode.  I can get the system to accept the variables on the URL string but I
cannot seem to find an action that Remedy will recognize other than a button
press to do the save / open in modify.  Any ideas?

ARS 6.3
Midtier 6.3

NOTE: I have moved to a new office. My new phone number is: 503-574-3571.
Christie Pargeter
Weyerhaeuser  Documentation & Training [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
  Portland, OR
tel: 503-574-3571
fax: 253-928-1072

***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains
information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally
binding signature.***