-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: 17 August 2007 10:39
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Attachment fields and d/b

You will need to use the remedy api to write the binary data to a remedy
attachment field.

Two approaches off the top of my head:

Use the native .net/sybase to store the data in whatever native format
sybase uses to store binary data, then either write something triggered in
the view form/ticket creation to use the remedy api to retrieve the
attachment from the db,

Use the remedy .net api to store the write the binary data into an
attachment field in a regular remedy form, then relate or copy the remedy
attachment data to your ticketing form.

Axton

On 8/17/07, RAMTRI, Nisha, IDC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
>
> Hi List,
>
> We are on ARS 6.3 and Sybase 5.1 here in the organisation. We are in
> the process of building a console which allows our users to submit
> calls in a customised form. This has a .NET front-end which through a
> stored procedure inserts records in a Remedy staging table (which is a
> regular form) and this staging form in turn inserts records in other main
forms at the back-end.

> Now we have a requirement to allow users to attach some files as
> attachments in the GUI and send them to final attachment fields on the
> regular form. Can anyone give ideas for a good way of doing this? I
> have made an attachment field in the staging form so that it can pass
> the files to the other regular forms. But my stored procedure is not
> able to update/pass value to this attachment field on staging form. Hence
I am stuck in this.