-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Tony Worthington
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: WS2003 SP2 (AND Tomcat 5.5.17)

I can't speak to workflow causing issues in Mid-Tier, but the tcnative.dll
issue is that Tomcat *sometimes* ends up eating 100% of 16 cpu's
indefinitely.

The dll is located in the tomcat\bin directory and is tcnative.dll

Removing or renaming the dll fixes the CPU usage issues.

I haven't had any other "weird" issues with Apache + Tomcat + Mid-Tier +
RKM though.  (Sometimes I think I might be the only one!)

hth,
tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joe DeSouza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
08/20/2007 02:32 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: WS2003 SP2 (AND Tomcat 5.5.17)

**
Hello Tony,

Can you elaborate a little more on how you experience these crashes and
with which DLL? And what you did to resolve it?

I am on W2K3SP2 here and using Tomcat Version 5.5.17.

While an OnCall schedulling application that I had built runs as designed
on the native Remedy User Tool, certain actions seem to crash Tomcat.
Restarting Tomcat sometimes seems to resolve the issue but at times it
calls for a server reboot.

The operation is a simple set fields from another form on selection of a
Menu item from a character menu.

Joe