Good morning,

We've had a meeting and the management wants to consider reversing the
Operational Categorizations.  It doesn't really make sense to me, but I
thought I'd post it here and see if anyone else has done it, and if so,
what ramifications you've run into.

In the normal way that BMC suggests, you do something like:
Tier 1          Tier 2          Tier 3
Patch           Server
Patch           Client
Install         Server          Software
Install         Server          Hardware
Install         Client          Software
Install         Client          Hardware

However, the way they are proposing would be more like:
Tier 1          Tier 2          Tier 3
Server          Patch
Server          Install         Software
Server          Install         Hardware
Client          Patch
Client          Install         Software
Client          Install         Hardware

To me I can see how it would add extra steps, plus reduce the usefulness
if you need something that doesn't have a Tier 1 in the new format, such
as if you have a Blackberry patch and there is no "Patch" on Tier 1, how
do you select it?  I'm curious if there are any other gotchas out there.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
5444 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77056