It only has 2 links attached, and both of them only fire when the
buttin/image is pressed?!

The help desk is poped up via a dialogue page, when the user clicks
the link the page pops up. Now the field mapping on the sole active
link is set to default values  therefore the padlock 'should' appear?!

Any ideas?

Matt