ARS 5.1.2 using SQL 2005If you upgrade the DB Server but not the DB
versions, it might work..

Joe
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Worley Mark A Ctr 2 SOS/SYOS
  Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 12:53 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: ARS 5.1.2 using SQL 2005

  **
  The powers that be are going to let me upgrade my database server to a
clustered SQL 2005 environment. Currently, I have a single SQL 2000 server
as a backend for my ARS 5.1.2 server. Has anyone tried to run 5.1.2 with a
similar backend (success stories or failures appreciated)? I know it isn't
in the compatibility matrix, but I also know there are some of you out there
who try things like this (as I will need to).

  If this isn't possible, what are the bit "gottchas" for going from 5.1.2
to a 7.x version? I know about the licensing changes, but other than that?
All of our applications are custom, so the headache of upgrading the Remedy
apps won't be needed...

  Thanks

  Mark

  //SIGNED//