-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Blasquez
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 12:16 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: AR 6.3 How to Populate a Table with a SQL Query?

Hello,

I have a 'Customer Data' page on my main form in which there is one
read/write character field named 'Company Name+', and several read-only
character fields.  I have set up a menu that reads from an Oracle View
SQL query our database of customers, attached it to the 'Customer Data'
field. and set up a couple active links so that when a search term is
entered into Customer Data, or a Customer is chosen from the menu, the
read-only fields are filled in with the appropriate SQL result columns.

Now, my issue is that I would also like to have a table on the page that
I can populate with the customer's contact list.  In order to do this, I
must make another SQL query, using the 'customer_id' from the original
'company_name' query to key which rows to pull out.

Any ideas on workflow that could pass the customer_id variable to a new
SQL query, and then populate a table with several rows of data?  I can't
seem to work out a solution using menus/forms/active links.

Thank you!