Joe,

Actually no. The admin tool did not say I need to, and I also changed
the password on a v6.3 Mid-tier (patch 14?) and it connected just
fine... so.... I think if the v6.3 Mid-tier can connect to the v6.3
server then that says something is working correctly. And when the
v7.1.0 Mid-tier does not connect... well... I think I know where I
think the problem is. I just do not know how to fix it.

I might try to find some time to upgrade the v6.3 server to the latest
patch (22?) and see if that resolves the problem. But I need to find
some time....

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)