I'm currently crashing about once every 2 weeks with stack errors; server
dies and recovers within 5 minutes and once in awhile I see malloc errors
prior to the crash.  I was told that ARServer patch 4 with ITSM patch 5
should correct my issue.  So my question to you is what ITSM patch are you
on?  Are you heavily customized?

Also when you server crashes, does it recover on its own?

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Administrator
Avon
(914) 935-2946

Emad Zaky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
09/14/2007 12:03 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Malloc Erros after Applying 7.0.1 Patch 4 anyone?

**
Hi All,

We had an unstable version of Remedy AR Server PAtch 003 which used to
crash every few minutes. Patch 004 was recomended and seemed to work, the
server was stable. BUT on certain user actions we found the the connection
to the user was severed with RPC error appearing to the user and this
appearing in the arerror.log:
hu Sep 13 15:57:09 2007 11
Timestamp: Thu Sep 13 2007 15:57:09.8251
Thread Id: 26
Version: 7.0.01 Patch 004 200708262106 Aug 26 2007 21:36:29
ServerName: itsmsrv02
Database: SQL -- Oracle
Hardware: sun4v
OS: SunOS 5.10
RPC Id: 458755
RPC Call: 117 (EXECAL)
RPC Queue: 390635
Client: User tahuynh from Mid-tier (protocol 12) at IP address
c5ac3eefcfe1d5dc:1e2ca7:114f2d46830:-7f60
Form:
Logging On:
On the user screen the error which appear is :
Malloc failed on Server (ARERR 300)
Testing on another server with Patch 4 we managed to replicate the error.
Going to a server Patch 003 the workflow worked perfectly.
Anyone has any ideas???

Regards,
Emad
it___