From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Mon Sep 17 13:27:00 2007
Subject: Re: Large file in system temp directory

**
Was this an import that someone in your environment actually initiated, or just
some random function of AR System?

Rick

On 9/16/07, Shellman, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        **

        We moved over to AR System 7.0.1 Patch 003 on Windows 2K3 server that
connects to a separate Windows 2K3 server running Oracle 10g.

        We ran into a situation tonight where a large file was being created in
the c:\windows\temp directory.  The file was growing quickly.  When the AR
System services were stopped, the file would disappear immediately.  After some
trial and error, we discovered that the file was associated with trying to
create an export file of all the workflow on the server.  The export would time
out and this file would continue to grow.  Currently using 7.0.1 Patch 003
admin tool.

        I created a ticket with BMC/Remedy.  We'll see how many hoops I have to
jump through before I get them to understand it's the result of an export.

        Dave

        Dave Shellman

        Phone:  (717) 810-3687
        Fax:    (717) 810-2124
        email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        Tyco Electronics
        MS 161-043
        PO Box 3608
        Harrisburg, PA 17105-3607