From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Should we be fixing vendor bugs?

Hi AR Listers,

I'm not sure if this question has been posted before.

We are on IM/PM 7.0.2 patch 5 and have found some out of the box bugs from
our system testing.   Some of these bugs are high priority for us to fix
them now
because they cause either confusion to users or inconsistency.  We've
reported some in the past but not sure whether they would be fixed in the
next patch.
Our concern is that if we fix them by ourselves would it cause add-on
complexity when we apply the next IM/PM patch (in case they do get fixed in
the patch)?

How do you handle vendor bugs if they are something you have to fix sooner
than later?  Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,

~Mary

949-975-5180 ext - 55180