-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 9:23 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Sample java LDAP plugin

Prior to 7.1, AREA plug-ins must be written in C.  With 7.1, there is a
new java based plug-in server.

The ldap bind is synonymous with a login attempt.  So when the area
plug-in binds to the ldap server as the authenticating user, the plug-in
is acting based on the response code the ldap server returns from the
bind operation.

How do your ldap admin's want you to authenticate against the ldap
server without performing a bind operation?

Axton Grams