From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Creation of mlutiple records

Michael,

Just my two cents....

I would give the users a but that says... "add multiple billing areas
from this state" and have it open another dialog. That dialog would
have a table field and the user would be able to "Select all" or
select a sub set of the records in the table field. Then a button that
says "Create records for selected Billing Areas" that loops over the
selected records in the table and closes the dialog.

That allows the user to see that there are really 1500 Billing Areas
in that State before you go off and create 1500 records. But it still
allows them to do just that when it is really needed too. It also
gives you a shot at telling the user things like... "You selected more
than 50... are you really sure? (Note this will take a while so be
patient after you say 'Yes'.)"

But in general table looping is the way I would go with such an activity.

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)