From: Bradford Bingel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Friday, 28 September, 2007 6:26:48 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Vikram from Vyom Labs(Remedy)

**
Ding, ding ding!  Howard gets the prize . . .

You know Remedy has a TON of information about all customers, including license
portfolios, key contacts, purchase histories, and selected consulting
engagement histories.  You also know this information is available to just
about every inside sales rep and and every outside sales rep.  So what are the
chances . . . when one of these sales reps leaves Remedy and joins a partner,
they bring along a "mini-database" of Remedy customers?

Can't speak to Remedy's internal policies about keeping customer information
confidential, but clearly there's a long history of customer data walking out
of various Remedy offices and ending up in partner hands.  Sometimes this
information ends up in competitor's hands.  The longer you've been involved
with Remedy at the same place, the more likely you are to receive unsolicited
sales inquiries.

<sarcasm>
But . . . at least you were solicited by an expert in ITIL and SixSigma.
Probably a CMDB powerhouse, and no doubt evaluated at SEI CMM Level 5, too.
Gosh.  Thank the heavens you weren't solicited by some no-name goober-face
consultant who just happens to know more about Remedy than anyone else who has
ever touched your systems.  Whew!
</sarcasm>

-- Bing

Bradford Bingel ("Bing")