Dan,

I would be very surprised if the issue your having has anything to do
with the version of Java on the client. It sounds like a pure browser
display issue to me.

Validate the HTML page that you are putting into the view field.
(Either via setting the view field with a URL, or by pushing an HTML
doc into the field.) Verify that your using the proper CSS/HTML layout
for the browser in question.

I have seen IE do some very strange things when you do something silly
like forget to put a closing table tag somewhere. It just guesses
where it thinks it should be and then you end up with a broken row(s)
after where it things it should have stopped. (But that is just a
WAG.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)