The oracle has spoken. Apparently it's a known issue
with ITSM 7 that views/forms with a "/" on them won't
open in browser.

That's a biggie. To install ITSM and have a whole
bunch of screens broken. There's a 10MB patch I am
evaluating.

So the lesson is don't use "/" in form or view name.
The funny thing is the URL that breaks is properly
encoded for "/", but somehow the browser, or may be
the mid-tier, takes the encoded "/" literally. That
guy mid-tier has a lot to learn.

BTW: Has anybody applied this 10 MB "ViewLabelFix"
patch for ITSM 7.0? They don't even tell me if it is
smart enough to know what ITSM modules are installed.
I am missing one. There have been some customizations
already, so I fear a mess.