Well, I KNEW it was a password problem when I loaded the SQL 2005 tools
on the application server and could connect to the SQL Server as the SQL
login in question (the one Remedy is using).  Further, I have a little
Java utility I wrote making use of the SQL 2005 JDBC driver and could
login as that SQL user with that program and select data from the AR
System database.

So here's what I did.

1.      Shutdown AR Server
2.      Change the password of the SQL login to some known value
(AR#ADMIN#)
3.      Make a backup copy of ar.cfg
4.      Modify ar.cfg and manually add the line:  Db-password: AR#ADMIN#
5.      Start AR Server
6.      Monitor SQL logs (no failed connections)
7.      Log into Remedy - it works!

This is a lot simpler than shutting down my new DB server, booting up
the old one, changing the password, etc.

I only wish I knew this 24 hours (and fistfuls of hair) ago.

So in hindsight, if you ever fall into the scenario where you have an AR
System instance and have restored the database to a new sever and
accidentally set the DB login password to something other than what AR
System expects (and you've never changed the password in AR System
itself), this should work.

I haven't done a full test to see what else is impacted by this, but at
least I can access Remedy now.

Ben

it___