The numbers are part of the automated system put in place to submit,
track, post, and distribute the documents.  You'll notice that the
numbers match the barcode at the end of the document.  I know of no
plans to change that anytime soon.

However, the all the documentation can be downloaded in one bulk zip
file from the EPD site - and those documents have filenames that match
the master index.   If you download those files and put them all in the
same directory, you'll be able to use the master index just like you
describe.

Thanks,

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.