Business Objects

To view this email as a Web page, use this link.

            October 9th, 2007

            Dear Business Objects Customer,

            I would like to share with you the exciting news that SAP has
announced their intent to acquire Business Objects. We are sending you this
letter to let you know what this transaction means to you and the working
relationship you have established with Business Objects. Understandably, an
acquisition can be an uncertain time for customers, so we would like to open a
communication channel with you and help guide your expectations over the coming
months.

            SAP and Business Objects believe that customers will gain
significant business benefits through the combination of innovative offerings
of enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions along with embedded
analytics in process applications. Additionally, our joint partner ecosystems
will be enhanced through integration with the industry's most powerful business
process platform, providing our customers with the best enterprise information
management platform available in both SAP and non-SAP environments. Together,
our two market-leading companies intend to offer high-value solutions for
process- and business-oriented professionals. The solutions will be designed to
enable companies to strengthen decision processes, increase customer value and
create sustainable competitive advantage through real-time, operational
business intelligence.

            Customer success has always been and will continue to be the most
important aspect of our company's culture and we want to reinforce our
commitment that your investment in Business Objects software and services will
be fully protected for years to come. You can be assured of our continued
commitment to innovation and support for the solutions you have already
acquired. As a valued customer, we want to make sure you remain fully briefed
on our future plans during this time of transition and we will offer an open
dialogue as this information becomes available.

            Business Objects will operate as a stand-alone business as part of
the SAP Group and as a result customers will get the best of both worlds. All
customers will continue to benefit from open, broad and integrated business
intelligence solutions -- independent of databases and applications - while
also gaining the advantage of application alignment for in-process business
analytics. Business Objects will significantly enhance its Business
Intelligence portfolio scope and capacity with SAP people, know-how and
networks.

            I, John Schwarz, will continue as the CEO of the Business Objects
entity and will become a member of the SAP Executive Board, reporting to SAP
CEO, Henning Kagermann. In addition, SAP has proposed to elect Business Objects
founder Bernard Liautaud to the SAP Supervisory board at the company's next
shareholders meeting.

            Because Business Objects will operate as a separate business unit,
very little change can be expected in our relationship and in any day to day
activities. If you do have questions, we encourage you to contact your local
account manager, or you may contact Business Objects directly at [EMAIL
PROTECTED] As always, your success is our greatest importance and we look
forward to working with you during this very exciting time.

            Sincerely,

            John Schwarz
            Chief Executive Officer

            Additional Information

            The tender offer for the outstanding ordinary shares, the
Convertible Bonds and the warrants of Business Objects has not yet commenced.
This letter is for informational purposes only and is not an offer to buy or
the solicitation of an offer to sell any Business Objects securities. The
solicitation and the offer to buy ordinary shares of Business Objects, the
Convertible Bonds and the warrants will be made only pursuant to an offer to
purchase and related materials that SAP and its subsidiary intend to file with
the SEC on Schedule TO. Business Objects also intends to file a
solicitation/recommendation statement on Schedule 14D-9 with respect to the
tender offer.

            Business Objects stockholders and other investors should read the
Tender Offer Statement on Schedule TO, the Schedule 14D-9 as well as the Note
d'Information and the Note en Résponse to be filed by SAP carefully because
these documents will contain important information, including the terms and
conditions of the tender offer. Business Objects stockholders and other
investors will be able to obtain copies of these tender offer materials and any
other documents filed with the AMF from the AMF's website (amf-france.org) or
with the SEC at the SEC's website at www.sec.gov, in both cases without charge.
Materials filed by SAP may be obtained for free at SAP's web site, www.sap.com.
Materials filed by Business Objects may be obtained for free at Business
Objects' web site, www.businessobjects.com. Stockholders and other investors
are urged to read carefully all tender offer materials prior to making any
decisions with respect to the tender offer.

      Contact Us | RSS Feeds | Careers | My Profile | Newsletter | Privacy
Policy | Terms of Use

      Take yourself off this list.

      Copyright © 2007 Business Objects SA, 3030 Orchard Parkway, San Jose, CA
95134 USA
      All Rights Reserved