Good morning folks,

Right now I'm tasked with coming up with a good way to make sure our
Change Management application fits with our SOX process so we can pass
audits.  I am having difficulty in guaranteeing approvals, though.

For our SOX process, we need to demonstrate that we have 1) Business
User Approval, and 2) IT Management Approval.  There can be one to many
approvers, but we need to be able to differentiate between IT approvals
and Business approval.  The catch here is that sometimes IT staff are
Business approvers due to the nature of the work.  This means I can't
just do a lookup against the People data.  I need to be able to identify
that from within the Approval process.  Unfortunately, the staff here
sometimes adds approvers in the wrong Approval phase, so we also can't
use that.  We also have a problem where sometimes people add approvers
because they are unaware that we have default approvers configured to
come in automatically, resulting in duplicates or extra approvers.

So what I'm looking for is 1) how to solve my immediate problem and 2)
some best practices on using BMC's approval process for Change
Management.  I think the Approval Phases are causing lots of confusion
since there is no way for the users to see "Pending" approvals from
phases that haven't been triggered yet.  How do you all get around that?

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
5444 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77056