  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Savant, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 10:13 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Looking for advice on DSL and 7.x Product Categorizations

**

Listers:

It would seem that in loading the DSL data, we're forced to use the
associated out-of-the-box Product Categorizations of
'Software/Application/Third Party' and 'Software/Operating System/Third
Party'.  Since Product is not available when configuring Assignment rules,
such broad categorizations make it nearly impossible to single out support
groups for routing without redundantly populating Operational
Categorizations.  We've thought about disabling all DSL entries, then
reactivating and recategorizing only those we need, but that would seem to
be an extremely time consuming task.  We're also concerned that future DSL
data patches would overwrite our updates.  Perhaps populating the DSL
ourselves is a better approach?  For those of you using BMC's DSL data, how
do you handle this?

Many thanks!

- Don Savant

State of California, Dept of Technology Services

it___