Richard,

I think you maybe over complicating things a bit.

The real difficulty is in defining the formula for the calculation.
However, I will talk thought a very simple example and see if this
idea might work for you.

Let us say that you have three priorities and for each priority there
is a fixed amount of time that will be used. So...

Priority 1  --> 1 hour
Priority 2  --> 8 Hours
Priority 3  --> 24 hours

If the math is as simple as that AND you are working with a 24x7x365
business then you might only need three filters that fire on Submit to
set the 'estimated resolution date' = $TIMESTAMP$ + <number of seconds
for the given Priority>

However, if you do not have a 24x7x365 business then you should look
at the Application-Bus-Time-Add functionality to avoid setting the
value to business hours when the business is not open.

But you also mentioned that you have the SLA out of the box
application too. I would hope that the functionality in SLA would be
able to "figure out" when the record should be complete. ( Although
the value may not be in the 'estimated resolution date' field, the
value should be knowable by the support agent. The agent might even be
instructed to input the value that SLA calculates into the 'estimated
resolution date' field.)

HTH.

Also it sounds like you have not done much ARS development work. ( So
please forgive me if this is not the case. )  Due to the complexity of
the Out of the Box applications I would suggest that if you are going
to try to get the application to "use the SLA" date that you do not
try to do it with an ARS Push Action. Instead, I would suggest that
you add an active link (that fires on After Submit) to pull (via a
SetField Action) the value from the related SLA record. The hardest
part should be getting the Set Field qualification correct.

Good luck.
--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)