-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:24 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC Support Site Rant

A bit of clarification on the topic... I was contacted by a BMC person
off list to "explain the situation".

BMC is using an ARS application to support their external customers.
(no surprise there, just look at the URL's on the support site) However
it is the "Customer Support" application and not currently ITSM to deal
with their customers. The "project finalized last fall".
They also mentioned that they currently use ITSM internally.

And I love this quote... so I want to echo it too...

"So really, we are drinking our own champagne!"

The person went on to say that they are working on a move to ITSM for
their external customers, "but we don't want to do too many changes in
too short a time."

I do appreciate the clarification. However, my original analysis still
stands... they are not (yet) using ITSM to support their customers.
Apparently they are using it to support themselves, so maybe that counts
to some extent. ( Let's give them credit for doing that. I am sure it
was no small feet for some of the long time BMC people to make that
adjustment. )

( I do realize that this is BUW week and I will be lucky to get a few
field mice to actually read this post this week too. But... for those of
us who did not get to go... or those that are just now getting back from
BUW....)

So in the light of the new information I feel compelled to ask the
ARSList....

Does anyone think that BMC is changing to many things or moving to fast,
about how they are providing your support?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 10/30/07, Hugo Visser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

> On topic, I always assumed that BMC uses some form of ITSM for their
> support, but they do not? What about the last big upgrade, when we all

> moved to the ISS numbers?
>
> Hugo
>
> On 10/30/07, Carey Matthew Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually...
> >
> > I think it is a simple enough observation to say....
> >
> > If ITSM is a "leading product" for Service Management then why do
> > they not use it to manage their relationship with their own
customers?