Look in the areas of the Appalachian Mountains and you could find many
small towns which would love to have a new business move nearby and
stimulate jobs.

Well ... you could find Americans in Hayseed county willing to work in a call center for cheap but not even CLOSE to what they'll work for in India, China and the Philippines. Plus you have American taxes, and healthcare and ... you name it. It's a little more expensive here in the US & Europe, because we have a lot of rules about how you can treat people, that developing countries simply don't have.

It sounds harsh, but BMC doesn't appear to be willing to pay the price-tag associated with treating their support helpdesk people the way they, themselves expect to be treated in their own country. Overseas manpower is cheap for a reason.

Given how niche of a market Remedy is ... for how incredibly large the price-tag for Remedy ... for how pricey SUPPORT, ITSELF IS (which is separate from the actual licensing) ... I simply can't believe that there isn't the profit margin to afford to hire quality, native English language support inside the US or EU.

I can almost forgive companies like Dell and Linksys for outsourcing, because they're in a commodity market, Their products are cheap as hell, and they're being squeezed from all sides economically. I really can't see how this is the case for BMC.

Wal-mart does not sell Remedy servers.

You can try and spin it any way you like, but the bottom line is greed.
Regardless of how good or bad the overseas support actually is, THAT is what pisses everyone off.

-Andrew