Dwayne,
I'm not saying that this is your error but we currently have an open support
issue with a software defect number SW00280014 directly related to generating a
Crystal Report on the Mid Tier from an AL which seems similar to your issue.
According Remedy Tech. this issue has been around since 6.3 and is still
present in 7.0.1.  Here is the detail information on our issue.  It may be
worth it to check with support and see if your issue could be related to this
defect. If it is related then it would certainly help get the defect resolution
elevated.

ARSystem 7.0.1 Patch 4
Mid-Tier 7.0.1 Patch 4
MSSQL 2000
Win Srv 2003
Crystal Enterprise 10

An ActiveLink which generates a report of type Crystal causes an error when a
Qualification contains a datetime field compared to the 10/18/2007 10:52:47 AM
keyword when executed on the Mid-Tier. (example:  'datetimefield' > 10/18/2007
10:52:47 AM).

ERROR Displayed
"Crystal Report Viewer
Error in formula A number, currency amount, boolean, date, time, date-time, or
string is expected here.
Details: errorKind. File report.rpt [On Cache/Page Server.
SERVERNAME.pageserver]"

The report in question has been verified against the database, executes
correctly with the activelink when the date comparison is removed from the
Qualification field, runs from the Remedy Report Selection Console, runs when
executed directly from a web browser, runs from the report function of the User
Tool.  ActiveLink logging shows successful activelink processing (i.e.
activelink log shows no errors).  Data for the date field has been manually
validated and the field contains valid data for all records.

HTH,
Dave Fincher