You have it outside the >  ( after type="text" )

Remove the > after type="text" so the onChange is inside the input HTML

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sokol, Brian
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Case Sensitive User IDs?

Sorry for my ignorance but I do not know java script. I changed it to
the following:
<input name="<%=Params.USERNAME%>"
maxlength="<%=Params.USERNAME_LENGTH%>"
id="username-id"
value="<%=com.remedy.arsys.share.HTMLWriter.escape(name)%>"
class="loginfield" size="30" type="text">
onChange="javascript:this.value = this.value.toLowerCase();"> </td>

It still does not work and the onChange line is now appearing on my
login screen. What did I do wrong?