Removing the clobs will also greatly reduce the size of the tables
(assuming the clobs are not stored inline).  This was a really
interesting article showing the effects of clobs on table size, and it
comes from a reliable source.

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2007/02/i-learn-something-new-every-day.html

Axton Grams